FULL & PART TIME SUPPORT WORKERS / CARERS REQUIRED
Rate of pay: £11.00per hour day shifts
- Permanent Role based at one location
- Employed by a Respected and Specialist Care Provider
- £11 per hour + company benefits
- Flexibility required to work 14 hour day shifts on a rota basis
- Shifts are on a ROTA basis including some weekends
- Rota given 1 month in advance approx.
We have an exciting opportunity for Support Workers / Carers to join a new specialist care team. You will be assisting a female who has a high level spinal cord injury. She has been injured for 25 years, necessitating a high level of care. This lady lives in her own home with her partner in the Orpington area.
- Provide all aspects of personal care including catheter care, bowel management, pain management and moving and handling.
- Assist with therapies such as passive exercises.
- Light domestic duties, ensuring the home is kept clean and tidy.
- Some assistance required with administrative work.
- Provide assistance with food preparation.
- The right candidates must be reliable, confident, caring and respectful.
- You will have a good sense of humour and be a good listener.
- You will be able to use your own initiative but also able to take direction.
- Cleanliness and good personal hygiene is essential.
- Previous care experience in spinal cord injury would be desirable but not essential as full specialist training will be provided.
- A full, manual driving license would be preferred but not essential.
Please be aware that this is a non-smoking environment.
- 14 hour Day Shift (0800-2200)
- You will be working within a small team providing care and support all year round, including weekends and bank holidays.
- Part-time hours will be for a minimum of 28 hours per week.
This employer provide specialist care teams for individuals who live within their own homes. The client base is varied and includes Spinal Cord Injury, Acquired Brain Injury and other Neurological Conditions.
Benefits including: 28 Days Holiday Pay, Company Sick Pay, Payment to attend all Training, Membership of a Health Cash Plan, Paid DBS checks, Double Time Pay on Bank Holidays, Personal Development Opportunities, Cycle to Work Scheme
THIS IS NOT AN AGENCY JOB – IT IS A PERMANENT POSITION WORKING FOR A RESPECTED AND SPECIALIST CARE PROVIDER.
Working in 1 location – the client’s own home (so, no travelling between clients).
Reference ID: SW Orpington
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £11.00 /hour