Rate of Pay: £11.00
Role: Support Worker – Brixworth, Nr Northampton
Hours: Part Time, 26 hours per week
Shift Pattern: A combination of long days and short days totalling 26 hours per week
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team of therapy support workers to work alongside a highly specialised multidisciplinary team led by neuropsychology and including physiotherapy, occupational therapy and speech and language therapy. The delivery and implementation of high quality rehabilitation and care will be overseen by the professionals and supported by the therapy support workers.
**Within commuting distance of Northampton, Kettering and Market Harborough**
- You will be working with a gentleman with an acquired brain injury requiring 24-hour support in his family home and in the community.
- The role will involve assisting with rehabilitation, following programmes set by physiotherapy, occupational therapy, speech and language and neuropsychology professionals.
- Personal care, medication administration, continence support, and maintaining the client`s safety is also required.
Support in attending medical appointments, therapy sessions, social outings to parks, sport and leisure activities.
- Enthusiastic, confident and self-motivated, with good organisational skills.
- Able to work alone and use your own initiative, but also be an effective team worker.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential for communicating with the client and professionals and accurately recording data.
- Experience working as a rehabilitation assistant or therapy assistant would be desirable, with a particular interest in the area of rehabilitation.
- A driving licence is required
- Please be aware that there are pet cats in the home, in case of allergies or other concerns.
You will be working within a small team providing therapy support and care all year round, including some weekends and bank holidays on a rota basis. You must be flexible to cover holidays and sickness.