- Award winning company specialising in children’s residential care
- Recognised “Employer of Choice”
- Salary £45k + up to 8k BONUS
- Working hours usually Mon-Fri
- Holbeach location
- £1k bonus paid in the first payslip
- £2k bonus paid after successful probation
- Up to £5k bonus paid within the first 12 months
- 30 days annual leave
- Healthcare cashback plan
- Free parking
- On site meals provided
- Brand new and improved management development program
This award winning company has over 35 years of residential childcare experience and over 40 residential children’s homes spread across the Midlands, Hertfordshire, Northamptonshire, Wiltshire, Kent & London regions of England.
They have a clear mission of providing high quality residential care, education and other wrap around services which offers a bespoke specialist service offering long term placement stability.
Having been recognised as an Employer of Choice they truly value their staff.
The Role – Key responsibilities include:
- To be responsible for the day-to-day management of the home ensuring the provision of a 24-hour, 7 day service of care.
- To help create a supportive and positive environment for each young person with particular reference to their safety, health and education.
- To comply with relevant health and safety legislation, policy and procedures.
- To contribute to the planning, delivery and review of services.
- To monitor and maintain standards against agreed criteria and objectives and to implement quality assurance systems, which reflect agreed good practice.
- Involving children and their Carers and authority, following a joint management approach and a collective work strategy to reach the best outcomes for each child that is placed within the home.
- To provide reflective and effective leadership to the staff team.
- To manage resources effectively, including budgets, buildings and equipment.
Skills and Experience
- At least 2 years + experience supervising or managing a residential children’s setting.
- Experience of managing a staff team and managing staff rotas.
- Direct knowledge of what is expected during Ofsted inspections.
- Excellent communication skills and a “can do” attitude.
- ESSENTIAL qualification – Level 3 Diploma in Children and Young People’s Workforce (or equivalent).
- PREFERRED qualification – Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People’s Services (or equivalent) or are willing to work towards it.